Safety & Maintenance
- Never disassemble the microscope as doing so may cause electric shock or damage to the microscope
- Allow the halogen bulbs to cool before touching. Halogen bulbs become extremely hot and may cause burns if touched
- To avoid electric shock or damage to the instrument, unplug the microscope before replacing the bulb.
- Use only the prescribed halogen or fluorescent bulb
- Turn off and unplug the microscope before moving.
Carrying the Microscope
- Always lift the microscope with two hands: one hand on the arm, the other hand supporting the base.
Cleaning the Microscope
- Dust should be cleaned off with pressurized air or with a soft brush
- Clean smudges, fingerprints, oils, etc from the lens with clean lens paper or a soft clean cloth moistened with a small amount of absolute alcohol-ether mixture. If an alcohol-ether mixture is unavailable, use isopropyl alcohol
- Clean the microscope body and stand using a moist, soft cloth with a small amount of detergent.
- Working temperatures are: 32° F-104° F (0°C-40°C). Max. relative humidity: 85%
- Use water only on plastic surfaces
- Do not use paint thinner or other solvents
- Do a final wipe with a moist soft cloth
- Dry all surfaces after cleaning
- Always cover the microscope with the supplied dust cover when not in use
- Store in a dry place
- In humid or moist environments, it is advisable to store the microscope in a waterproof container with a drying agent
- Do not touch the optical lens with bare fingers
- Do not store the microscope in direct sunlight. Sunlight can influence the quality of the specimen imaging.