Safety & Maintenance

Microscope Safety

  •     Never disassemble the microscope as doing so may cause electric shock or damage to the microscope
  •     Allow the halogen bulbs to cool before touching. Halogen bulbs become extremely hot and may cause burns if touched
  •     To avoid electric shock or damage to the instrument, unplug the microscope before replacing the bulb.
  •     Use only the prescribed halogen or fluorescent bulb
  •     Turn off and unplug the microscope before moving.

Carrying the Microscope

  •     Always lift the microscope with two hands: one hand on the arm, the other hand supporting the base.

Cleaning the Microscope

  •     Dust should be cleaned off with pressurized air or with a soft brush
  •     Clean smudges, fingerprints, oils, etc from the lens with clean lens paper or a soft clean cloth moistened with a small amount of absolute alcohol-ether mixture. If an alcohol-ether mixture is unavailable, use isopropyl alcohol
  •     Clean the microscope body and stand using a moist, soft cloth with a small amount of detergent.
  •     Working temperatures are: 32° F-104° F (0°C-40°C). Max. relative humidity: 85%
  •     Use water only on plastic surfaces
  •     Do not use paint thinner or other solvents
  •     Do a final wipe with a moist soft cloth
  •     Dry all surfaces after cleaning


  •     Always cover the microscope with the supplied dust cover when not in use
  •     Store in a dry place
  •     In humid or moist environments, it is advisable to store the microscope in a waterproof container with a drying agent
  •     Do not touch the optical lens with bare fingers
  •     Do not store the microscope in direct sunlight. Sunlight can influence the quality of the specimen imaging.